Known as the anti-aging fruit, goji berries are a darling of the superfood world. Packed with powerful antioxidants, they offer benefits for the skin, immune system, and more. These 100% natural dried red goji berries are grown in the vast Himalayan Mountain region. Naturally sweet and chewy, these non-GMO delights are simply delicious. Sprinkle goji berries on oatmeal, serve them in tea, or snack on them out of the bag.
6 Surprising Health Benefits Of Goji Berries
1) Anti-Aging Superfood – Goji berries are considered the world’s most powerful anti-aging food. They’re rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Antioxidants fight free radical damage associated with diseases and premature aging. Dried goji berries contain 3 times the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2) Protect Eyesight – Goji berries contain two key nutrients that support vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Studies show that consuming high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin lowers the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and other eye diseases.
3) Promote Skin Health – The vitamins in dried goji berries can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. The rich content of vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc naturally occurring in goji berries helps to improve skin tone and texture. Research suggests that vitamin C and zinc act as antioxidants to lessen the harmful effects of UV radiation on the skin.
4) Boosts Immune System – Goji berries contain even more vitamin C per ounce than oranges. They are also high in the trace element selenium, which fights bacterial and viral infections. Adding a small handful of dried goji berries to hot teas or soups isn’t a bad idea when the cold and flu season hits.
5) Good Source of Amino Acids – Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids to build the proteins we need. Since we cannot synthesize essential amino acids from scratch, we must obtain them through our diet.
6) Liver & Kidney Benefits – A compound found in goji berries called betaine, is used by the liver to produce choline. Choline supports the liver and kidneys by helping them expel toxins and waste from the body.